Monday, February 23, 2009

Reaction to Class 2/23

I figured I should do this fast, before I fall asleep. What's the story with group work? Nobody likes it. Me either. At least the people in my group were interesting to talk to. None of us had super-creative ideas that we were really on fire about. Man, two sentences ending in prepositions in a row. I am mangling the English language. Anyway, though none of us were enthusiastic about talking up our projects, I found the exercise helpful. It made me think a bit more about an idea that I had just thrown out, with no real thought about it's feasibility.

The idea to make a full album related music videos using different techniques is definitely exciting to me, but I don't think it is at all feasible in the given time frame, and taking in to account my other obligations. i do think I could get a duo or trilogy done though. Talking about the project even made me think about what songs to do, and how. So yeah, I think that will work. The class was useful, even if we didn't talk about the projects for a full hour.

Really, it was motivating to talk about the poor job market that I'll be graduating into in June. It made me want to really focus on my few remaining projects and get some really good After Effects stuff on my reel. So that's the deal. I've been sort of kicking around the idea of doing this stuff anyway, and this gives me an excuse to do it well. So there. I had a useful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment